- Wrongful death, government liability, sexual abuse, products liability, & catastrophic injury.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- All Washington State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- B.A., cum laude, Whitman College
- Washington State Association for Justice - Member
- King County Bar Association
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
Brown v. State, Dept. of Corrections (2017) - represented parents of boy killed by improperly supervised felon; obtained application of “discovery rule” and summary dismissal of statute of limitations defense on appeal, resulting in $3 million settlement.
Neff et al. v. King County Sheriff’s Office (2017) – represented current and former employees in claims arising from retaliation, discrimination, and hostile work environment; obtained $1.35 million in recoveries.
Martinez v. City of Tacoma (2017) – represented motorcyclist injured due to negligent design and maintenance of roadway; obtained $775,000 settlement.
T.F. v. State, Dept. of Corrections (2016) – represented young girl molested by negligently supervised sex offender, resulting in $750,000 in recoveries.
Peterson, et al. v. State, Dept. of Social & Health Services (2015) - represented two employees who brought claims of gender-based hostile work environment, constructive discharge, and retaliation against employer; obtained $320,000 in recoveries.
R.P. v. Seattle School District (2015) – represented female student who brought Title IX and negligence claims after she was sexually abused by teacher; obtained $250,000 settlement.
EVAN IN THE NEWS
Roberts, N. & Fuller, E., Utilizing the “Discovery Rule” in Special Relationship Cases, Trial News (Trial News, July 2017)
King 5 NEWS: Kidnapping Victim's Family Blames State DOC