Lincoln C. Beauregard
Primary Areas of Practice:
Complex civil litigation involving insurance bad faith, medical negligence, wrongful death, products liability, government negligence, neglect, sexual abuse, and all forms of serious personal injuries
Admitted to Practice In:
- All Washington Courts
- US District Courts for Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
J.D., University of Washington School of Law
B.S., Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Contact Lincoln Beauregard:
- Families of Student Victims v. Marysville School District (2017), $18,200,000 settlement in school shooting case killing four students and injuring one
- Sillavan v. DSHS (2017), $4,800,000 verdict in negligent adoption case
- Kelly v. Snohomish County (2017), $4,100,000 verdict in gross negligence against mental health first responders
- Elias v. City of Seattle, $2,800,000 verdict for employment retaliation/discrimination on the part of Chief of Police
- Flyte v. Summit View Clinic (2015) - $16,700,000 verdict against a clinic that failed to provide informed consent to a pregnant woman during the H1N1 (Swine Flu) pandemic of 2009
- Chagoya v. DSHS et al (2015) - $14,000,000 total recoveries for terrible abuse of children placed in home with abusive woman.
- 5 Childhood Sex Abuse Survivors v. Whidbey Park District (2013-15) - $6,750,000 total recoveries for women abused by swim coach Andrew King.
- Taylor v. Unigard (2013) - $500,000 policy limits settlement for a victim suffering permanent injuries.
- Estate of Billy Ray Shirley III v. Bill's Towing (2014) - $390,000 verdict against a landlord and tenant for the shooting death of a teenager at an established "after-hours" party.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2015) - $275,000 settlement for adult who was abused as a child in a Pierce County group home.
- Lakewood Officer Victims v. Department of Corrections (2012) – Failure to supervise felon Maurice Clemmons resulting in death of 4 distinguished law enforcement officers. 12.5 million recoveries.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2012)– Child injured as a result of paint fume exposure in utero. $2 million recoveries.
- L.O. & T.O. v. DSHS (2012)– Negligent placement of pre-teen girls in a home with suspected child molester. $3 million recoveries.
- Gibson v. SkyChefs (2013)– Trucking accident with substantial spinal injuries. $670,000 recoveries.
- Howes v. City of Seattle (2013)– Violation of civil rights by way of unlawful interrogation. $215,000 recoveries.
- Hoselton v. King County (2012)– Inmate sexually seduced by female counselor while in King County Jail. $300,000 recoveries.
- W.M. & J.P v. State & Kiwanis (2011)- Sexual abuse at Group home. $2.3 million total recoveries.
- McCarthy v. Teenage Defendants (2010)- Wrongful death of teenage girl from a drug overdose on New Year's Eve. $2.725 million total recovery of insurance proceeds.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2010)- Wrongful death from medical malpractice. $3.5 million total recoveries.
- Frostad v. Construction Defendants (2009-2010)- Wrongful death of father of 3 daughters involving workplace accident at Langley Military Base. $2.95 million total recoveries.
- Bryant v. Denali Enterprises (2010)- Carbon monoxide poisoning of tenant in rental property resulting in mild brain injury. $375,000 total recovery.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2010)- Employment discrimination involving serious abuse of power. $1.5 million total recovery.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2010)- Wrongful death shooting involving mental health care provider. $1 million total recovery.
- Confidential v. Confidential (2010)- Sexual abuse victims involving discrete fact pattern. $1.3 million total recoveries.
- Flook v. Defendant (2010)- Automobile Accident involving assorted injuries. $750,000 total recovery.
- Heslop v. O'Halloran (2010)- Motorcycle accident involving serious injuries with a $475,000 recovery.
- Kennedy v. City of Ridgefield (2006) - Wrongful death claim against municipal entities for failing to protect from dangerous community member. $2.8 million total recoveries. Litigated successfully in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Bolt v. DSHS, et al - Wrongful death of child in government licensed group home. $2 million total recovery.
- Specialty Surplus v. Second Chance (2006) - Insurance bad faith claim involving breaches of the duties to defend and settle. $4.9 million stipulated judgment with $2.5 in ultimate recoveries upon $1 million insurance policy.
- T.W. v. Confidential - Employee lost limb in worksite explosion involving negligent detonation of fireworks at morale and welfare party. $2.4 million total recoveries.
- Frank v. Safeco Insurance Co. - Insurance bad faith claim for breaching duty to defend. $4.5 million motion for summary judgment with subsequent settlement pending appeal.
- Frank v. DSHS - Negligent licensing of a daycare facility resulting in the wrongful death of child. $1.5 million resolution.
- Hemley v. Fantasy Faire - Brain injured employee at company party awarded insurance limits of $1.1 million
- Clark v. Korean Women's Association - Wrongful death claim against vulnerable adult care provider. $2 million total recovery for surviving family members
- A.K. and K.M. v. State of Washington (2009) - $2 million settlement award for two girls sexually and emotionally abused in negligently monitored foster care home.
- A.G. v. State of Washington (2009) - $1.5 million settlement in a case involving more than a decade of severe physical and sexual abuse of young girl by her Department of Social and Services appointed guardian.
- Hulbert v. Municipal Defendants - Misconnected water supply line provides for serious gastronomical injuries to resident. $1.275 total recoveries.
- Confidential v. Confidential - Products liability claim involving wrongful death of child as a subsequence of negligently designed blind cord. $1 million recovery.
- Stroming v. Department of Corrections - Negligent supervision of offenders on community supervision resulting in sexual abuse involving two children. $620,000 settlement.
- S.S. v. University of Washington - Man sexually abused in mental care facility as a child. $480,000 in recoveries.
- Gascoyne v. DSHS et al - Negligent licensing of daycare facility leading to sexual abuse of minor children. $420,000 total insurance recovery exhaustion.
- Kono v. Hower - Wrongful death claim involving unsupervised mentally incompetent individual. Exhausted available insurance fof $400,000.
- Moser v. Pierce County - Sexual assault of inmate.
- Ziemke v. Manor Care - Sexual assault of elderly woman in nursing care facility. $220,000 settlement.
Community and Civic Activities:
- Communities in Schools, Board Member
- Community for Youth
- Washington State Association for Justice Board of Governors
- Loren Miller Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association’s Leadership Institute
- Gordon Thomas Honeywell LLC - Senior Associate
Published Cases Briefed and/or Argued:
- Anderson v. Akzo Nobel,172 Wash. 2d 593, 260 P.3d 857 (2011)
- HBH v. DSHS, 197 Wash. App. 77, 387 P.3d 1093 (2016)
- Flyte v. Summit View Clinic, 183 Wash. App. 559, 333 P.3d 566 (2014)
- K.C. v. Johnson, 197 Wash. App. 1083 (2017)
- P.L. v. DSHS, 184 Wash. App. 1010 (2014)
- Kennedy v. City of Ridgefield, 439 F.3d 1055 (9th Cir. 2006)
- Whisnant v. United States of America, 400 F.3d 1177 (March 11, 2005)
- Specialty Surplus v. Second Chance, 412 F. Supp. 1152 (January 30, 2006)
- Paradise Orchards General Partnership v. Fearing, 122 Wn. App. 507 (2004)
- Loomis v. City of Puyallup Police Department, U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35695 (2005)
- Washington Insurance Law Seminar 2012, Chair
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Seminars
- The Ins and Outs of Policy Limits Demands, August 2008
- Punitive Damages Against Insurance Companies in Washington, January 2007
- Conducting and Memorializing Discovery Conferences, October 2007
- Civil Procedure and the Rules, October 2004
- Washington State Bar Association Seminar
- Creative Use of Stipulations, August 2008
- When tort duties and contractual obligations collide in insurance bad faith litigation, WSTLA Trial News, December 2006
- The secrets are out in state courts, WSTLA Trial News, November 2006
- Circling the Courts, Seattle Post Intelligencer, Spring 2002
- Law & Politics, WA Super Lawyers
- Seattle Met: Top 100 Lawyers in Washington
- Best Lawyers in America
- Seattle Met: Top Lawyers as Chosen by Their Peers
- Leading Lawyers in Puget Sound Region, 2013
- Law & Politics Magazine, Rising Star: 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, & 2011
- Air Force Eagle Grant of Education Excellence, 1998
Lincoln in the News:
- Families of victims of Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting settle lawsuit for $18 million
- Jury: City owes $2.8 million to sidelined seattle cops
- Meet the Brash and Brilliant Lawyer who won't Leave Ed Murray Alone
- Meet Lincoln Beauregard, the lawyer who gets 'right up' in Seattle Mayor Ed Murray's face
- 'Deadliest Catch' star Sig Hansen won't face criminal charges for alleged abuse
- King County to settle lawsuit against sheriff, aides for $1.35M over retaliation claims
- Lawsuit: Marysville-Pilchuck teacher may not have passed on warning before mass shooting
- Families of Marysville school shooting victims seek millions
- Jury awards $16.7M to family of Puyallup woman who died of swine flu
- State to pay families of three Lakewood police officers killed by Maurice Clemmons $12.5 million
- Seattle Schools settles sex-abuse case for nearly $250k
- State to pay $8M to 6 siblings who apparently suffered abuse
- County to pay $1 million to 3 detectives in sex-harrassment case
- Island County sheriff slapped with $10-million claim | Attorneys say former employee neglected to report pedophile coach
- Ex-student accuses Seattle teacher of sexual misconduct
- 2 children died before state shuttered Greenwood daycare
- Pierce County jury awards $16.7 million in swine flu death of pregnant Puyallup mother
- Jury Awards $390,000 to estate of boy shot outside Tacoma Party
- Man sues agency, alleges abuse in '80s at Tacoma Group Home
- Jury finds Overlake negligent after patient sexually assaulted
- City to pay $215K for improperly questioning teen in tot’s death
- $1.5M settlement in woman's claim of 1990s sex abuse by swim coach
- Boys ranch draws another suit
- Family of slain King County deputy sues state
- Harborview patient sues after sex abuse by care provider
- High court sides with sick 11-year-old, clears block to medical torts
- Lawsuit: Kids left in ‘house of horrors’ for years despite complaints to state
- 2 car salesmen accused of rape ordered to pay $2.5 million
- Abused girl gets $1.5 million settlement from state
- DSHS settles foster-care case for $2 million
- King County settles juvenile-jail sex case with $300,000 to victim
- UW pays $480,000 to settle suit over sex abuse
- Second lawsuit settled in North Whidbey swim coach assault case
- State to pay $3 million to girls raped by grandfather in foster care
- Teen formerly accused in toddler’s death sues Seattle police
Lincoln Beauregard arguing before the State Supreme Court about child’s right to recover for birth injuries: